Cybersecurity Terminology for Business Certificate Program
- University Certified
Cyber is a business issue. Most companies talk about cybersecurity in technical jargon. This mystifies business people and discourages them from asking questions key to their roles.
What you will learn
The Cybersecurity Terminology for Business Certificate Program is an introductory course for business people who want to converse with their managers and cyber experts. It is a self-paced online curriculum led by prominent cybersecurity experts, many of whom advise governments, agencies, and industry bodies around the world. The program brings together the business, executives, experts, innovators, and regulators to address cybersecurity from their point of view and leaves the student empowered.
We will cover introductory cybersecurity language for the business and layperson.
Key principles from the Enterprise Cybersecurity in Digital Business, from Routledge Publishing
Managing Cyber Risk, from Routledge Publishing
- Regulatory Terms
- Risk Terms
- Technology Terms
- Get up to speed quickly on emerging technology security issues and terminology.
What you will receive:
- Weekly chats with the chair to ask any questions
- Dedicated program manager to assist with technical issues
- Electronic courseware containing the entire course content
- Course books – available for purchase
- Access to repeatable interactive hands-on labs
- MP3 audio files of the complete course lecture
Who should attend:
- Cybersecurity teams, auditors, compliance and others looking to advance their cybersecurity knowledge.
- C-level executives who need to provide data to the board.
Module 1: Cybersecurity Terminology
This module introduces students to cybersecurity terminology from a business point of view. In addition to cybersecurity, students learn to communicate in the language of privacy, risk, and compliance. Explanations of the relationships between these terms.
Here are the main digital asset objectives found in organizations:
- Cybersecurity – terminology related to cyber strategy, cyber tools and roles.
- Privacy – terminology related to GDPR, CCPA and other privacy programs.
- Compliance – terminology related to compliance with cybersecurity, privacy and industry regulations.
- Risk – terminology related to cyber risk management.
Each student is expected to satisfy the following requirements:
- Quizzes (100%)
You will get a certification in Cybersecurity Terminology for Business Program from Pace University.
- Internet access
- Mobile phone for two-factor authentication
No prerequisite or experience necessary. Course can be completed over a 3 month period and will take an estimated 4 hours to complete.